Clients can leverage VIA’s ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) capability to streamline and automate a variety of data aggregation processes. For instance, market data from vendor files can be uploaded into the data warehouse in a matter of minutes without the need to write specialized scripts.
Using the unique Iterator technology offered by VIA, large amounts of data can be scrubbed, validated, and exported with minimal effort. Once the process has been configured, it can then be automated to repeat the process at a defined frequency (daily, weekly, monthly etc.).
THE OPTURO ADVANTAGE
- Increased Productivity: VIA is extremely flexible and can be adapted to work from a variety of vendor data files. The product can readily serve as a common platform for all the firm’s ETL needs. It does away with the requirement of writing unique scripts for each data process.
- Streamline & Automate: With VIA, new and exiting processes can be simplified and automated.
- Reduces Costs: With increased productivity and automation, fewer resources need to be dedicated, hence a significant reduction in costs can be achieved.
- Scalability: Processes designed for limited amounts of data can be readily scaled to manage any increase in the amount of similar data.
- Flexible Enhancement: The software is designed to be flexible and modular. In the event that the user has an ETL use case that cannot be handled by the given set of modules, for instance extracting data from a proprietary source such as Fame® or Factset®, the developers of Opturo can build customized modules can readily be built to handle the missing function.
- Flexible Data Import: The product offers the flexibility to extract data from a variety of data sources. It also supports advanced features to extract data from multiple files that are date stamped and from files that match a pattern.
- Advanced Data Transformational Capability: VIA offers a range of modules that offer data transformational capabilities that range from simple (applying column labels, formatting date columns, etc.) to complex (time-series to case-series, union of datasets, etc.).
- Flexible Data Export: VIA offers the flexibility to export data to a variety of data sources. It supports advanced features including use of Oracle Arrays and export to multiple date stamped files.
- Scalability: The software is designed to be flexible and modular. In the event that the user has an ETL use case that cannot be handled by the given set of modules, for instance extracting data from a proprietary source such as Fame or Factset, the developers of Opturo can build customized modules to handle the missing function.
- Increased Oversight: Built-in logging capabilities and error alerts allow for increased efficiency in managing multiple processes with little overhead.