VIA can be used to design and build infrastructures that support the Quantitative model for the management of funds. This infrastructure enables the client to build a platform of quantitative products that have been back-tested thoroughly and quickly providing a robust environment for day-to-day running of the quantitative model.
THE OPTURO ADVANTAGE
- Flexible Data Management Infrastructure: Allows data to be gathered from many disparate sources (Fame, Factset, Excel, Oracle, etc.) into the back-test or daily Optimization environment.
- Robust and Flexible Back-test Infrastructure: Using VIA, a robust back-test environment can be built that allows a quick and detailed back-test of the alpha model. It could take weeks to setup a back-test environment for each alpha model, but by leveraging VIA, models can be back-tested thoroughly in a matter of days.
- Streamline & Automate: New and existing Quantitative Modeling processes, including daily or monthly optimization processes, can be streamlined and automated, thus creating an efficient modeling process and freeing up resources to concentrate on model building rather than process maintenance.
- Back-test Simulation: Run multiple back-tests for a range of parameters. For instance, the back-test infrastructure can be programmed on the fly to iterate through a range of transaction or turnover constraints. This gives the user the ability to run back-tests for a variety of scenarios quickly and efficiently and then compare the results side-by-side.
- Performance & Risk Analytics on Back-test Results: VIA has multiple analytical tools that allow for quick performance and risk analysis of back-test results. The Ex-Post Performance Analytics module of VIA allows side-by-side comparison of multiple steams of fund returns against a single benchmark and market return stream.
- Scalability: Processes designed for limited amounts of data can be readily scaled to manage any increase in the amount of similar data.
- Flexible Enhancement: The software is designed to be flexible and modular. In the event that the user has an use case that cannot be handled by the given set of modules, for instance extracting data from a proprietary source such as Fame® or Factset®, the developers of Opturo can build customized modules can readily be built to handle the missing function.
- Efficient Infrastructure: The VIA leveraged modeling infrastructure provides a quick and seamless environment to efficiently develop and validate alpha models.
- Increased Productivity & Lower Costs: VIA’s ability to streamline and automate the model building and testing process with lower maintenance overhead allows firms to increase productivity and lower operational costs.
- Increased Oversight: Built-in logging capabilities and error alerts allow for increased efficiency in managing multiple processes with little overhead.
- Scalability: The software is designed to be flexible and modular. In the event that the user has a process that cannot be handled by the given set of modules, for instance a customized optimization module, the developers of Opturo will work with the client to build a module customized to the firm’s specifications that will work in tandem with existing modules.
- Custom Reporting: Option to generate customized reports in various output formats including PDF, HTML, Excel and Word.